If you are an avid reader, you will know why reading pillows are necessary. Tilt supports natural spinal alignment and reduces pressure points in the neck and lower back. On top of that, the handrails (if available) relax your shoulders, giving you the ability to hold your books for hours without having to adjust for comfort.
Also, others can gain value from reading pillows. People who recover from surgery or are confined to a medical bed will find these pillows comfortable, supportive, and painful. People who have to sit in bed all day long need to change positions, or they will have a bad case of a hospital bed. One of the best ways to prevent an ulcer is to switch to a sitting place, where reading pillows are more comfortable. So today, we are going to find out how to find the best reading pillows we need to know about them.
Why should you read before bed?
It is a long tradition to read before going to bed. It’s a perfect way to relax after a hard day’s work by distracting yourself with an engaging story.
It can enhance your health meticulously and help you avoid prolonged exposure to blue light.
- Wrap down and increase mental clarity
Start with the apparent reason that bedtime reading is right for you. Some people can watch TV or exercise before bed. On the other hand, the text doesn’t make your body temperature increase, like doing yoga. Mainly, it doesn’t expose you to blue light like watching TV or scrolling through your phone.
Reading is a calming activity that solves your brain by forcing it to focus on one thing. When we begin to read, we always set our own goals and concerns, like a person starting a meditation session. Basically, as you read, your heart rate slows down, and muscles relax, better prepared for sleep.
- Decrease screen time
Reading a hard copy book helps us avoid exposure to blue light at night. Electronic devices with screens, such as mobile phones, TVs, and tablets, interfere with circadian rhythms by pushing sleep out of reach. Therefore, you can replace them with a capable book to improve your sleep.
What makes the best reading pillow
Just like a regular pillow, many reading pillows are made of many materials. Here are some of the most basic reading and overlay materials you can choose from.
- Shredded Memory Foam: It is very similar to memory foam pillows, this pillow is stuffed with the crumb. Debris can react individually to the user’s personal shape.
- Memory foam: A memory foam pillow uses a dense, versatile foam to create contours for the body.
- Polyester yarn: Polyester is an inexpensive synthetic material. This is a popular filling method but does not provide the same support as a foam or foam pillow.
- Corduroy: The reading pillow made from cotton or cotton blends, the fabric is known for its unique look and feel. These covers easily get caught in the washing machine, so you should set the dial to delicate or gentle.
- Velour and Velvet: Both velvet and velvet are shiny, soft fabrics. They give your reading area a chic style. It is less expensive and more durable than velvet, velvet is child-friendly and pet-friendly. If you don’t have children or pets and want to spend a little more, you should go with velvet, airier.
- Microfiber (Faux Suede): This synthetic material has a sleek and sensual feel. Out of the four outer covers, microfiber is the most family-friendly. It is tightly woven, so it is durable. Weaving allows the fabric to repel stains.
There are three basic reading pillow shapes. Some are a bit more luxurious than others, but each provides the support you need to read or watch TV for hours on end.
- Wedge: The pillow has a stable tilt, wedge pillow can help reduce problems such as obstructive sleep apnea, acid reflux, snoring. As a reading pillow, the wedge supports posture by providing a confirmation surface to lean on. They are supportive and hypoallergenic thanks to their foam.
- Traditional reading pillows: These pillows have headrests and handrails to prevent stiff neck and neck pain. It adds support for the upper body, including the shoulders and forearms. Usually, it has additional features such as bag handles, handles, and cup holders.
- Bedrest: This type of pillow has no headrest and fancy additions. Bed rest is an essential reading pillow that provides comfort and support.
While choosing a reading pillow, you should consider its washability. Depending on how often you use it, you’ll want to wash your pillow at least once a month for breath-free breathing.
Unfortunately, reading pillows is not easy to clean. The typical shape and hard, supportive back won’t let you throw it into the washing machine. However, most come with a removable cover, you can wash the machine.
You can clean your reading pillows with damp cloth to protect their shelf life.
If you are allergic or have trouble breathing, you actively look for hypoallergenic pillows and covers, such as those made of foam and sheets made of bamboo, Tencel, or 100% cotton. These materials can help you breathe easier and improve your quality of life.
You always want to be immersed in a drama for hours, even all day, but in a uncomfortable position that will put stress on your neck and lower back. Therefore, using a reading pillow will reduce stress and allow you to watch TV without muscle strain. Through today’s article, you learned how the pillow cover and its contents and how to preserve the pillow look best. Hopefully, with the information I share above, you will find yourself the best reading pillow, suitable for your needs.